Tuesday, March 14, 2017

Pictures of Past May Gardens

A little something to keep my spirits up through wild, unpredictable March. I may have to reminisce through most of April, as well. New England weather!!


This Miniature Iris is the first Iris to bloom in the garden.

Lovely Coreopsis

You never know where Johnny-Jump-Ups are going to pop up.


This Wild Veronica comes up in thick mats. I pull up masses of them before they go to seed.

Candytuft is so unique and incredibly beautiful.

Cinquifoil is a wonderful flash of color when the garden really needs it.
I struggled with Orange in Spring but I've grown to love it.

Pansies.....a Spring must!

I love the pink and blue of Pulmonaria blossoms.

I can't remember the name of these pretty blue flowers.

Aren't Forget-Me-Nots fabulous???


As the time gets closer, it's so hard to wait for growing season. Last fall, I extended the woodland garden and added some Hellebore, Fritillaries and a couple of different kinds of Lilies. It will be great to see them bloom.
In the big garden , I planted Asian Lilies, a red Peony, Canterberry Bells and Drumsticks. I'm really interested to see how the Drumsticks look. They're very tall and when they spread, a large group is eyecatching.
Sometime in April, a hardy climbing red rose bush should be arriving. I've wanted one for a while. It will really add height to the big garden along with the Canterberry Bells and Drumsticks.
Such fun thinking about it!
What are your gardening thoughts in March?

Wishing you happy gardening dreams,
Sally

1 comment:

  1. It was fun to see the blooms from last year. Before we know it, we will be seeing some in person. Yippee!!

    ReplyDelete