Wednesday, March 22, 2017

Wildflower Wednesday


"If you don't like the weather in New England now, just wait a minute."
Mark Twain

It's snowing off and on here in zone 6b Massachusetts and a bit early for wildflowers so, I'm posting pictures of wildflowers in our wooded lot from last Spring.


It's a jungle! you can see skunk cabbage, wild grasses and violets.
Mystery flower. Can anyone tell me what it is? I'm sure I knew at one time!


Fiddleheads

Another fern unfurling
Jewelweed or Wild Impatiens


Canadian Mayflower

Gnarly branch

White Violet

Emerging Skunk Cabbage

Skunk cabbage unfurling
i


Dandelion and Violet

Wild Violet that lives by the brook in swampy water.



It was in the 50's F yesterday and is snowing off and on today. It's a rollercoaster for this gardener who it itchin' to dig in the dirt!

Happy Gardening,
Sally

 WW is sponsored by Gail at http://www.clayandlimestone.com check it out and see what's happening in gardens around the world !

3 comments:

  1. My guess is pachysandra for the mystery flower.
    DID I WIN?! HUH! HUH! DID I WIN???? DID I WIN???
    I don't expect money, just bragging rights. I like to brag.
    Jeannie
    GetMeToTheCountry.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love to see the Fiddleheads!
    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So nice to 'meet' another MA garden blogger! I am so ready for spring to finally decide to stay, too! I love the woodland spring flowers. Is the mystery flower possibly Sweet Woodruff?

    ReplyDelete