Wednesday, April 26, 2017

Wildflower Wednesday - April 26, 2017

"They didn't want it good, they wanted it Wednesday."
Robert A. Heiniein


Not much is blooming yet so, it's still slim pickins here in zone 6B, Massachusetts. We are having a couple of days of heavy rain. When it clears and the weather warms up it will be amazing.

Fritillaria Michailovskyi is a new addition. I love how unique it is. I posted it on facebook and no one knew what it is.

The Yellow Primrose is finally blooming. This picture doesn't do justice to the actual color.

Forget-me-nots are so sweet. Last year I had them everywhere...this year there are only a few.

Wild ferns are poking out of the earth.

A friend gave me two Heather plants several years ago. One has thrived. It is budding up.

Here is one of the peskiest weeds in our yard. The flower is white and so small it's hard to see but they are everywhere.
As you can see, there's still not much happening here but, I'm looking forward to see what's happening in gardens around the world.
I'm grateful for our gardening community.

Many thanks to Gail at Clay and Limestone for hosting this meme. Check it out and see what's happening in other gardens.

Happy Gardening, Sally

4 comments:

  1. Sally, Spring is getting closer!

    I love your Forget-Me-Nots. They were a beautiful bright blue on my computer screen but I bet they look even better in person. I have a gardening friend who loves blue flowers. Until she pointed it out to me, I did not realize how rare blue flowers are in nature.

    Jeannie
    GetMeToTheCountry.Blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some little gems Lisa. I love your Fritillaria which I have never come across before.Bet you can't wait for that rain to clear and the sun to come out !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Forget-Me-Nots are wonderful! There aren't a lot of flowers with blue blooms
    Happy Wildflower Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete