Monday, May 15, 2017

Garden Bloggers Bloom Day - May 15. 2017

"The glory of gardening: hands in the dirt, head in the sun, heart with nature. To nurture a garden is to feed not just the body, but the soul."
Voltaire

I wish there was more growing here in zone 6B, Massachusetts. It's been cold and the gardens are in slow motion. Much of what I post here I've had in recent posts......but, the plants have filled out nicely.

Sweet little Forget-me-nots are filling out nicely. 

White Columbine is the only one with opening blossoms.
Candytuft is one of the first to bloom and one of my favorites for it's unique blossoms.

This Primula is new to the woodland garden.

Catmint was one of the first plants to bloom. It has seeded itself around the garden.

Bluet is a wildflower native to MA. I dug several of them from a neighbor's lawn before she moved. This is the only one that made it....

Pink Lily-of-the-valley makes me happy.

So far, this is the only woodland Phlox that has bloomed.

White Lily-of-the-valley and pink creeping phlox.
After many days of cold, wind and rain, the sun is breaking through with promises of summer like weather the rest of the week. It will be fun to see all the buds bursting open. They are overdue!

Today, I'm grateful for my lovely daughters, Julie and Allison. They are much more than I deserve!

Happy Gardening, Sally

Check out Garden Bloggers Bloom Day to see what is blooming in other gardens around the world at  http://www.maydreamsgardens.com

3 comments:

  1. Is catmint and catnip the same thing? Do cats try to eat it? Do you use it for anything?
    Jeannie
    GetMeToTheCountry.Blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Catnip and Catmint are two different plants. Idgie loves the Catnip and I've only seen her interested in the mint one time. She eats the nip.....it is medicinal and you can make a tea from it. Don't know if the mint is used for anything but being a mint, it makes me think so.

      Delete
  2. Hi Sally, first, thanks so much for stopping by my own blog and taking time to comment! I very much appreciate the quote from Voltaire at the beginning of your post. From the look of it, it seems you may love woodland plants as much as ! do. I hope your bluet spreads! They have seeded themselves in several areas of my moss paths, and I adore them!

    ReplyDelete