Saturday, May 6, 2017

Rainy Day Garden

"The best thing one can do when it's raining is to let it rain."
Henry Wadsworth Longfellow


Rainy days then sunny days make really happy plants. 
This Pulmonaria in the woodland garden is so happy and healthy.

Solomon's Seal is blooming before it's full grown. 

Variegated Lily-of-the-valley is doing well....this is the 3rd year and, although its a slow grower, it is spreading.
I have such high hopes for the woodland garden to fill in this year....guess I better get going!



Everything is so green and lush in the big garden.

Can never have too many Heuchera. Before long, they will be ringing their bells!

Japanese Painted fern is so happy where I have it. It does get a good amount of sun, which leaves me a bit perplexed as to why it's doing well.

I gave all the Blue Fescue a haircut and they are thanking me with wonderful fullness.

Here come the Columbine. When they bloom, they really last a good amount of time.

In a few weeks my Dad's old hand plow will be nearly buried by perennials.



Has anyone ever had Peonies seed in their garden? I am pretty sure this is a Peony seedling. There's another somewhere in the garden.....I couldn't take the time to hunt it down.

I'm thrilled that the Kent Oregano came back. It is rather tender and considered an annual here.

Hens and Chicks is getting huge!

I may finally be having good luck with Bergenia.

The Blue Fescue dis reproducing like crazy.

I love this rock.

More Blue Fescue and white rocks.

Minis are the first Irises to bloom.

In the photo below, you can see how lush and beautiful the miniature Thyme was last year. I have no idea what happened.


Today, I'm grateful to God for the good life I have. Each day is a blessing regardless of the circumstances.

Happy Gardening, Sally

4 comments:

  1. Your garden looks like it is about two or three weeks behind mine. Don't worry, you will catch up and pass me about June.

    I have never had a peony (peeee oooown eeeee) seed. However, I have accidently sliced part of the root off while digging and had it come up somewhere else. Your picture did look like a peony. Can't wait to see what color it will be. Wonder if it crossed with another, or dropped by a bird, or mixed in dirt from a new plant purchase...or maybe it is from a MAGIC SEED!!!!! I love mysteries. Keep taking pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well darn. I forgot to leave my name. I just posted above.
    Scattered Brained Jeannie from,
    GetMeToTheCountry.Blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very impressive, Sally. Your woodland is going to be great! Nice design examples here!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Beth. I'm not sure about design examples....I'm a novice and just use my eye. The land goes downhill and there are no plans to change the landscape. I'd like the garden to kind of flow into the woods....

      Delete