Thursday, May 11, 2017

Spring is at a Crawl!


"In the Spring, at the end of the day, you should smell like dirt."
Margaret Atwood

This has been a really chilly Spring. Because of the temperatures, the perennials are in slow motion. It takes forever for them to bloom but, when they do, the blooms last a long time. There are so many plants with buds. Every morning I head out with my camera and grubby clothes. Stained tees and ripped jeans are my gardening attire. It's so much fun to see what's budding up everyday and get pictures......capturing the moment.

Flora
The first Irises to bloom are the minis.

A rescue Pansy

Cinquefoil is a wonderful pop of color.

White Lilacs

There are many buds on the Coreopsis but just these two blossoms that got eaten as soon as they blossomed.

This Hellebore has been blooming for a long time!

Bridal Bouquet is starting to bloom.

I love these buds on the Bridal Bouquet Spirea

White Quartz...of course. Blue Fescue, a Succulent, and Wooly Thyme.

Variegated Solomon's Seal
Catmint has seeded itself in lots of places. Here it's with an emerging Rose Bush.

Here comes Big Blue!

This shrub is from Fran and it's the first year it's going to bloom.

When I planted this, I didn't realize there were two different Hostas together. I like it.

Woodland Phlox is blooming.

A long view of the garden with crockery and the frog and mushroom. Things are still pretty bare.
Fauna
Sweet little Butterfly taking a rest.
Idgie enjoying the Catnip.
Someone is showing off for the girls.

Today, I'm grateful to God for flowers....I'm heading to Lowe's!

Happy Gardening, Sally

No comments:

Post a Comment