Wednesday, May 24, 2017

Wildflower Wednesday - May 24, 2017

"In my garden, care stops at the gate and gazes at me wistfully through the bars."
Alexander Smith

Spring has reluctantly arrived here in zone 6B Massachusetts. The weather pendulum swings wildly back and forth so that one day we have the air conditioner on and the next day the heat. That and the drought of last year has taken it's toll on the gardens. In spite of that, the good news is that there is still color in the garden. Perhaps, I've been spoiled by the amazing blooms of the past!
Creeping Veronica is a pretty pop flash of color.

White Woodland Phlox

Bleeding Heart

I purchased this Blue-eyed Grass this past weekend.
Blue-eyed Grass is full of buds!
Snow-in-summer is more like Snow Flurries!
This Columbine is the darkest blue I have ever seen. 

Mayapple in bloom 

Pink Columbine

Blue Woodland Phlox
This Rhody will turn bright white.

Cherry tree is starting to bloom.

This sweet little wildflower will bloom very soon.

Forget-me-nots are still blooming.

Variegated Lily-of-the-valley 

First year Viburnum sargentii has bloomed

Solomon's Seal

Unnamed Wildflower

Wild Buttercups

Sweet Woodruff

Sensitive Fern grows wild in our backyard and woodland lot.

Wild Geranium and Coreopsis

Today, I'm grateful that I'm learning that, like everything in life, my gardens will ebb and flow.
Don't forget to check out the Wildflower Wednesday meme at 
http://www.clayandlimestone.com/

Happy Wildflower Wednesday, 
Sally

1 comment:

  1. It's so great to see so many things in bloom! I love your blue flowers. I keep meaning to get blue-eyed grass. Every time I see it somewhere, I always love it!

    ReplyDelete