Wednesday, June 21, 2017

Oh yea, here comes the color!

"I wanted to know the name of every stone and flower and insect and bird and beast. I wanted to know where it got its color, where it got its name, where it got its life-but there was no one to tell me."
George Washington Carver


Idgie the garden kitty.

Peonies are passing but there are still some pretty ones. This plant has the strongest scent of all of them.

The roses are starting to pass, as well. This was taken a few days ago.

This is the fullest I've ever seen  these bells. Unfortunately, the blue ones were eaten by the wood chuck. 

Red Hot Poker is so pretty. I have two planted but don't think they are growing. I have had really  bad luck buying plants online and will only buy locally from now on.

Blue star flowers spread nicely....a great little filler.

This woodland phlox is blooming very late in the season. There's another one in another part of the garden that bloomed several weeks ago!

We have a visitor.....so far I've only seen him eating from the lawn. 

Purple rain salvia is starting to open. Its a great plant.

This Yarrow is finally blooming! A friend gave it to me 3 years ago.

One of the many Scabiosa in the big garden. This plant has self-seeded freely and I've transplanted  lots of them.

Blue Spiderwort in front of White Campion.

The big garden is so colorful now and there's more to come.

Petunia

Gaillardia with Spiderwort in the background.

Variegated Ox-eye Daisy leaves against the hand plow,

Butterfly Weed is another plant that seeds itself throughout the garden. It's getting ready to open....what a splash of color it adds!

Evening Primrose with a bit of Catmint in the back.

White and Rose Campion.

It seems like Rose Campion is one of  the few plants that will flourish under the Maple tree.

Marigold and Johnny-jump-ups.

White Campion with Spiderwort in the background.

Lavender is blooming.  

Honeysuckle by the dining room windows. It smells amazing  and attracts lots of critters. The Hummingbird comes right to window. I'll get some pictures eventually.

Today, I'm grateful that our new kitchen counters were installed and I have a kitchen sink after quite a time without it. Modern technology is good!!

Happy Gardening,
Sally

No comments:

Post a Comment