Thursday, June 22, 2017

Garden Bloggers Foliage Day - June 22, 2017

Green is the prime color of the world, and that from which its loveliness arises."
Pedro Calderon de la Barca


Big Blue....doesn't everyone name their plants?

Solomon's Seal

This is actually the biggest Hosta in the garden. It has thick rubbery leaves. This is the 2nd year in this location and it's doing well.

This is one  of the smallest Hostas in the garden growing to about 7".

The Dead Nettle is about dead....there's this one and one other patch....

I love the huge leaves of the Mayapple. A field of  them is a sight to see!
  
This is my attempt at creating a patch of Heuchera of all different colors. There are two other colors I'm looking for....
  
Helleborus foetidus has been in the garden about 3 years and has yet to bloom.
  
This Japanese fern is one of the energize bunnies of my gardens.

The Variegated leaves of Ox-eye Daisies adds great contrast and texture to the garden.

Idgies favorite......catnip.


Liatris is forming heads.

Plenty of Common Milkweed....where are the Monarchs??

Variegated Liriope

I was sitting on the bench looking at the woodland garden when I saw the sun shining on this one leave and it was bright red. Had to get the picture and a minute later the sun had moved enough so it was gone.....

I love this variegated Hosta with the white outlining the leaves.

I love this Hosta,too with the white in the center of the leaves.

Lambs Ears and miniature Thyme.

I've asked the Saver not to cut the "lawn" in the back of the house so that it will be a haven for bugs and butterflies.

It's an amazing day here in zone 6B Massachusetts. All of the windows in the house have been opened and the smell of honeysuckle is wafting in.....That's what I'm grateful for today. It doesn't get much better than this!!

Happy Gardening,
Sally 

See what's happening in gardens all over the world with this link   https://myhesperidesgarden.wordpress.com

4 comments:

  1. Hi, thank you for joining in with GBFD this month. your garden has some gorgeous foliage!! I wish I could grow Heuchera but my garden is too dry and too hot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a beautiful garden !! Your hosts look great !!
    Greetings

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sally, your garden is looking very happy! I love all your hostas and your heuchera. I have planted dead nettle - twice - and both times it has died. Didn't I see a warning that this can become invasive?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Deb, I have heard that dead nettle can be invasive.....not the case for me. I think it depends on your location whether a particular plant is invasive.

      Delete