Tuesday, July 18, 2017

God must love the color green.

"Plants cry their gratitude for the sun in green joy."
Terri Guillemets

There has been plenty of rain and sunshine. The perennials are very happy, lush and green. What a beautiful sight!
Echinops is amazing this year. It's huge and in need of division.....there are never too many Echinops in a garden.

Both Crazy Daisy plants are doing well. This one blooms later than the other because it doesn't get as much sun.

I'm so happy with the Balloon Flowers. They are bigger than ever and full of blooms.

Asian Lilies are starting to bloom and they are lovely.

Here's another one that's so beautiful.

Echinachea has a visitor.

I have no idea where I got this Phlox but, it's my favorite. 

Wild Mullein in the big garden. I was afraid they would be invasive but they are well-behaved.

Susan's bring a lot of brightness to my garden.

Liatris is opening. It adds height and great color.
I spent a lovely afternoon with my friend, Carolin. Mostly, we stayed in the house but, in spite of the heat, we had to take a stroll through the flowerbeds and a trip to Lowe's for the markdowns.  She got one Clematis and I bought two....we rescued them.....what kind of life were they going to have if we didn't?
Today, I'm grateful for retirement. It allows me the time to pursue the things I'm passionate about.
Happy Gardening, 
Sally

2 comments:

  1. Your echinops is gorgeous! We are thankful for the rain after the drought last year. Everything is looking lush!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your echinops is AWESOME! Such a beautiful shade of blue.
    Jeannie @ GetMeToTheCountry.Blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete