Tuesday, August 22, 2017

Garden Bloggers Foliage Day - August 22, 2017

 
Green is the prime color of the world,
And that from which its loveliness arises.
Author Unknown
My biggest Hosta with a dark green center and lime green edge has the branch of an American Beauty Berry bush.
 
The dark leafed Nine Bark turns a lighter color in the Fall. It was a markdown rescue.

The Euphorbia was cut back a while ago and is rewarding me with healthy new leaves.

Little Joe-Pye-Weed adds a lovely purple color to the garden.

The newest Heuchera.

The smallest Hosta in the woodland garden. the leaves are about the size of my thumb. It came from the garden of a friend in Vermont.


Heuchera and Hosta are happy (flower)bedfellows!

This is the largest Pulmonaria I have seen. It seeded in the pot and I let it go. It has company....a couple of weeds that I like the looks of.

The green/gray leaves of Sage.

Needle-leaf Coreopsis.

This male Holly wends its way through the back of the woodland garden.

 

This hitchhiker came in a pot of rescue Liriope and I liked it so much I kept it.

This American Beauty Berry is in direct sunlight. You can see the leaves are much lighter than the one in the woodland garden. It's also starting to turn.....

The serrated leaves of Obedient Plant.

I was fortunate to get several variegated Liriope for $1 each......love the markdown racks!

Today is overcast. It makes for interesting light and challenges me to get correct color with my camera.
Take a stroll to Christina's blog to see what is green in gardens around the world.


https://myhesperidesgarden.wordpress.com


 
 


3 comments:

  1. You have lots of lush green plants and lots of contrasts too. It looks as though everything is very happy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed walking through your garden this evening. Everything looked so wonderful. I can't even go out in mine without mosquitoes running me away. We have had a wet August, something I never thought I would see.
    Jeannie @ GetMeToTheCountry.Blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your beautiful foliage! I always appreciate and admire flowers, but I consider greenery to be the backbone of the garden. I really enjoyed this post.

    ReplyDelete